SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Client has jealousy issues if left out- Help!

mangomoon
10 years ago

I have a Client I provide caregiving for. She also happens to be like my mother, in more ways than one. When I started this job, the other caregiver expressed some concerns about "Jane's" bottom and asked if I was aware of her getting a little soar and red. I told her that I was aware of it and that I was also monitoring it. We continued the conversation a bit longer when Jane erupted with a little fit by tossing her arms in the air and saying "stop talking over me". Before Jane retired she taught school. When I met her I came to the conclusion that she cannot handle round table conversation (my own mother never could and always thought the others conversing were ignoring her). In the past I have never spoken to any caregiver on duty during my schedule, in front of the Client, for this VERY same reason.

Following day, I met Jane's two wonderful step sons when they came over. We began to get to know one another and Jane remained silent. When they left I told her that the guys were just wonderful! No response from her. I wonder how she ever managed to speak to her students parents? Now I find out that A new caregiver replaces the one I am talking about, come this Thursday. I am told by the step sons that her and I are much alike and we both speak the same second language.

I can't wait to meet her, but how does one handle a Client with this type of jealous fit. I mean it is very childish. My brother and I used to talk about things in " code" so my mother would not know. If she did, she expected to be told what was discussed. I prefer never to have conversation in front of such clients with other caregivers, but sometimes it cannot be helped.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio