SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Sinks too Big? Severe panic!

15 years ago

I asked this question with a different subject line yesterday and didn't get many responses. I hope this is a clearer statement of the problem. Our bathroom vanities have been delivered and will be installed by Monday. They are standard 21" depth vanities and we are planning to have the granite 1-1/2" over the edge of the cabinet so we have a total of 22-1/2" of counter depth. Our sinks and faucets are ordered and sitting at the plumbers warehouse. The granite will be templated on Monday and I'm really afraid the sinks are too big from front to back for the vanities.

Here are the sink sizes I'm working with (these are just the front to back measurements since I know the width is okay):

1. Oval undermount 16-3/16" total, 14" basin. The granite remnant is 3cm. and we had planned on using it for the back splash as well as for the counter top.

2. Rectangular drop-in 19-7/16 total from front to back with faucet mounted on deck of drop-in. This granite is 2cm. and again we had planned on using it for the back splash.

Does anyone know if these sinks will fit with enough granite in front and back of the sinks, with enough room for the faucets behind the undermount sink, and enough room to fit in the granite back splashes? Please help.

Comment (1)