SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
necindy

Help with Bow-Front Oak Highboy Dresser

necindy
14 years ago

I would so appreciate if anyone can tell me about the antique highboy/gentlemanÂs dresser I have? Any guess on the value would be most helpful!

I bought it just before I got married as a near match to my antique dresser and commode. I needed one with a hat box door, for my soon to be husband to store his Navy uniform hat.

IÂll see if I can get the pictures to link--please let me know if you need to see something more.

Antique Dresser

This is what I DO know about the piece.

- I purchased it while I lived in Austin, TX around 1979

- the dimensions are 48" H x 33" W x 18.25" D

- I refinished it then, and IÂm pretty certain I replaced the handle hardware and possibly the door knob. I had brass reproduction hardware to match my 2 pieces.

- It looks like a mirror might have attached at the back, but I never had one for it.

- the sticker on the back identifies it as "The Continental Furniture Company" but it looks like the style info and all were written in pencil by hand. I can maybe make out that it was to, maybe JeffÂ?

- I believe the wood wheels are original

- the bottom drawer bottom has rubbed a hole all the way through from one of the two the metal "guides" under the drawers.

- the sides appear to have veneer that is partially worn, but the rest seems solid.

Thank you! IÂve tried to look around online and found very little that were bow-front with the hat box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Dresser

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!