SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_halfacre

Can't decide to owner/build or not...

Stephanie Halfacre
10 years ago

Read this on another post and think these are my options as I see them
A)Design build "they do all of the legwork behind the scenes - cost me $300K for this approach, but it's virtually turn key".
B)pick one firm to supply the architectural plans and another firm to build to those plans and another firm to offer design guidance for the decor choices that you didn't even know you'd have to decide on. Maybe your project costs you $250K for this approach, but it's a part time job for you to be more involved and you have to research and decide on many of the features that will be incorporated."
C)GC myself after hiring an architect to provide you with plans and you personally hire and supervise the framing crew, the roofing crew, the finish carpenters, the plumbers, the electrcicians, the flooring guys and the painters and landscapers. Maybe your project costs you $200K for this approach----but it is a FULL time job"
D)Or maybe you clutch your bank book and pull your blanket over your head as you retreat into your darkened room with a headache just thinking about the whole project!

So far D is the best but...we need a house. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm reading all I can here on the topic, but I wish this board were easier to search. Is there not a way to search by member name? Meaning, I'd like to see all posts by...builderwoman...or whatever name I choose.

Comments (19)