SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glitter53_gw

Spring has finally sprung!!

Glitter53
18 years ago

Hey, Debb!!!!! 22C today (72F for you gals a little south of us! ;-) and the sun is shining, and the grass needs cutting again, and I'm going to pot up my basil that I had pinched off my plants that have rooted in a water-glass! Still a danger of over-night frost, so I'll still keep 'em all indoors!

Well, Mom has finally gotten over her chest congestion and secondary infection of her GI tract (from the antibiotics), and it's like she awoke from a month-long sleep!! She couldn't believe my DH and I were visiting yesterday (where have we been all this time??!!!). On the down-side, she now knows she's not at home, and asked to come home yesterday. Bummer. We took her to lunch at the restaurant at the NH (interesting concept: the residents can order anything they want and are not charged a penny! We just have to sign her in to make sure she ate at that meal, and only my DH and I have to pay! And the prices are ridiculously low! Cool!), and she had her favourite: french fries and gobbled them up along with a date square and tea! What a nice change for her! I'm going to do that more often. Perhaps today, being so warm, I'll take her for a walk around their park. When she asked to go home, I just said it was up to the doctor when she could go, because she had been so ill, and she accepted that. Not sure how long that excuse will last...We got her back to her room and she was so tired. We fluffed her back into bed and she fall asleep instantly! There was a warm breeze coming thru her window, and she looked so cozy there. Too cute.

Anyway!! Hope it's all sunny where you are (snow gone, Deb?! ;-)....and that you all have a lovely day!!

Deb: congrats on the new whiz-bang computer! You're really going to enjoy it! And your daughter getting a grant and not paying anything for school in the fall??!!! HOW great is that??!!! Awesome!! Guess you'll be passing thru here, taking her to school in the fall? Shall I start tidying up the guest rooms for you?!! Woohoo!!!

Okay! Gotta run!

Hugs and Blessings

Linda

Comments (4)

Sponsored