SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blancawing

Springtime Canoodling

blancawing
15 years ago

Spring has finally sprung, and I caught Papilio and Giraffe cozily canoodling.

{{gwi:388910}}

Comments (22)

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    15 years ago

Beautiful photo of those two.

Jan

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Gorgeous photography! You can see the obvious relation of the two... and yet, the differences are amazing! Fantastic photo, Blanca! It's so bright and clear! The subject matter is stunning!

• e36yellowm3
    15 years ago

Lovely picture, Blanca. Perfect blooms. Alana

• blancawing
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks guys!

I neutered poor Papilio in preparation for pollination with Giraffe's pollen.

The question will be what to name the cross if it's successful.

Papilaffe, Papilgira??? LOL!

• ryan820
    15 years ago

Canoodling is my favorite word!!!!!!!!! And I'm gonna vote for Papilaffe!

• pumas
    15 years ago

Beautimus Blooms there,Blanca...Maybe you could call it Starwing Will you pollinate both Pap blooms via Giraffe? If you have Misty pollen maybe you can schmooze those two also
    Peace,Mark

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Canoodling means???? OK so I am a dense old broad, I would say something like "Screwing Around"! lol

Blanca, what a beautiful comparison photo! I love the rich maroon and the brighter reds together.

RafilioWings is my vote!

can-u canoodle?

• phoenixryan
    15 years ago

hehe, its great to see I'm not the only one who uses that word!

I vote for "Love Child" ;-)

• blancawing
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mark,

Good idea! I have Misty pollen, but it's from last summer.

I'll try some as an experiment in the long-term viability of stored pollen.

Meanwhile, other compatible mates (e.g., Estella, Exotic Star, Pink Floyd, Ruby Meyer, and Lima) are pushing up scapes.

They are also very eager to canoodle! :-)

Cindee,

Canoodling means kissing and cuddling amorously.

Thanks for the pretty name suggestion!

• gmwill
    15 years ago

Indeed, they are just like a couple! Nice picture! -GM

• brigarif Khan
    15 years ago

Old man is getting wiser. I would have captioned it as a family re-union.
    Lovely picture.

• blancawing
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much Arif!

Your creations are all so spectacular.

I feel honored that you enjoyed the photo.

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

You could go the other way, Blanca, and call it "Girrilio"! The naming of a new flower would be fun!

I believe "canoodling" is a word seen in the society pages of a newspaper, used to describe a hook-up between two well known persons... as in "Miss SoAndSo was caught canoodling with Mr. Whozit's son over the weekend at the opening of Club Whatzit downtown. The couple occupied a booth in a dark corner, but were seen by this reporter! The young Mr. Whozit is in line to inherit the family fortune, etc..."

The official definition of canoodling is: To engage in caressing, petting, or lovemaking. Or: To win over or convince by cajoling or flattering; to wheedle.

• ryan820
    15 years ago

To wheedle? What the....

Jodi I'm down with Girrilio-- sounds ... wheedly.

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Ya... it said "wheedle"... some online dictionary I found. Don't ask me! I just copied and pasted! :-)

Normally, I'd think wheedling would leave a puddle by your feet, but not according to the dictionary! LOL!

• cindeea
    15 years ago

I been "wheedling" around my gahbizillion tomato plants all day!! we got a bit of rain this week and the wheedles are canoodling and creating nests of baby wheedles in my tomato pots!!!

• brigarif Khan
    15 years ago

I give up. I am left three steps behind.

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

There's nothing so confusing as the English language! I'm very glad it's my first language, because I'd hate to try to learn it! I couldn't imagine trying to keep all the different meanings straight!

• frank27603
    15 years ago

Blanca- I may have arrived to late as it looks like the thread has go hay-wire...loves it though!

Those 2 "canoodlers" are something else! I absolutely love them and especially together. What a display!

Jodi - "petting"...really? LOL Ya'll crack me up!

Cindee- Did you get a "wheedle" bit a rain for the maters? hehee

-Frank

• phoenixryan
    15 years ago

"wheedling" sounds like something a used car salesman would do.... and I can't imagine anyone wanting to "canoodle" with a used car salesman.... no offense to any used car salesman in the forum... ;-)

• blancawing
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Many thanks Frank!

Yes, we have a riotous band of merry jokesters here. They are always good for a satisfying chuckle, chortle, or guffaw!!!

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Honest to God, Frank... that's what the dictionary said! I can't make this stuff up! I know... it's a term we snickered about way back in sex-ed class, when we were teens! It's not a term I hear very often, unless we're talking about dogs... and then, it takes on a whole new meaning, thankfully!

See what happens when slang is injected into a post?! Blanca, you should have known a comedy act would ensue! LOL!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions