SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth9

KitchenAid U series--any good?

beth9
16 years ago

We are supposed to get the top of the line KitchenAid U Series dishwasher, but I think it is a fairly new model and I have not seen any write-ups on it. Model KUDU02FR.

It says the "U Series feature the same top of the line features as the S Series plus the quiestest sound insulation of Whisper Quiet Ultima Plus."

Does anyone have one and are you happy with it?

I am concerned whether I can wash plastics on the bottom rack without etching and melting? We have a lot of young kids, and so most of our loads are plastics-this is probably the most important feature for us.

Also:

Does it wash a half load ?

We will have a panel on ours. Is it hard to read the controls? The showroom guy told us they would be partially covered.

Does it clean off all the food well and leave the dishes dry?

We were debating on whether to get this or a Bosch or Miele. We really liked the third tray. Reading the threads, I saw that Miele has a button for plastics and a third tray too. It just gets complicated since we already have the KA on order and the store doesn't carry a Miele. (I didn't know if it was worth the headache to try to change the order).

Thanks for the feedback. The showroom guy wasn't very knowledgable and I couldn't find any reviews for the U-Series.

Comments (18)