SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mepeefreely

Toms-Price Complete bedroom suite found at auction

mepeefreely
16 years ago

Please forgive my ignorance. I recently purchased a complete bedroom suite at my first antique auction. The suite was purchased simply because auction attendance was low, the auctioneer had no reserve, and we couldn't let the set go for the current bid (you can't buy NEW furniture with this level of quality at the current bid!). I have done some internet digging on the pieces, but to no avail.

To the point:

The suite has been very well taken care of. There's an aged paper tag on the inside of each side board of the bed with the manufacturer's vendor, line, article number. There is a Toms-Price metal tag on the back of each piece. The back of the chest and dresser have "270 myrtle" stenciled on them. The chest has the number 22 stamped in the wood on the back. It looks like it may be quilted or bird's eye maple. Acanthus leaf and flower cravings at the bottom and on legs. Queen Anne-ish legs (style choice after only minimal research)....definitely a pad there. Bow front chest and dresser with really crazy leaf drawer pulls. 4 pieces in all, bed, chest, mirror (glass may have been replaced), and dresser.

Can anyone help on where to find information on it's history or manufacturer? I can not find anything stating manufacturer. I have details on the bed from the paper tags still attached. Any ideas on where to turn? I'm very interested in its history and age. It's a very beautiful find! Thanks for your help!!

Comments (2)