SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjlb

How important is en-suite bath in master bedroom?

mjlb
10 years ago

Help -- I'm obsessing! How important is the en-suite bath to a master bedroom?

I have been looking for an investment condo, and keep circling back to one that has been on the market for longer than most of the competition. The condo is two stories, with a large master bedroom and a smaller second bedroom on the second floor. There is a hall bath on the second floor that is located between the two bedrooms. For structural and cost reasons, there is no way to re-organize the space on the second floor.

On the main floor there is a half-bath that could readily be converted to a full bath. Would the availability of the second full bath on the first floor satisfy you?

Next to the first floor bath is a den that could be converted into a small (i.e. not ideal size for master) bedroom. But then guests would either need to pass through that bedroom to get to the first floor bathroom. I'm inclined to leave the room alone as a den / guest room.

For background, the general area is very desirable. The condo complex is historical, and very nice, but most units are not quite luxurious. For example, kitchens are all builder-grade white cabinetry; bathrooms are basic, etc.

I'd love to hear your comments � I'm hoping it will stop my obsessing.

Comments (32)