SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolab_gw

Please critique my plans!!!!

lolab
13 years ago

Hi all -- I'm a lurker -- have posted a few times, but haven't really put myself out there yet. I'm building my dream home on an existing footprint, so the plans show the location of the old rooms as well as the proposed (gets a little confusing). Although I'm sure there are lots of things that could be better, I'm really concerned right now with the MBR/Bath/closet layout. To be honest, the whole thing looks like a hot mess.

Issues: I think I need to eliminate one of the doors as well as the partial wall in the closet. I think the slider is too big -- no room for drapes to stack. That window next to the bed looks weird. Maybe I should just put the bed on the wall across from the slider? The whole balance of the room looks off to me. However, if you look at the rear elevation, you can see how the architect is trying to balance the slider in the MBR with the slider in the kitchen.

The Master bath layout also doesn't thrill me.

In the kitchen, I think I also need to eliminate part of that slider to give myself more counter space and a larger island.

Overall, what it seems I've got is a large house that still seems to be lacking somehow.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. However, I'm a fragile soul so although I want honesty, I ask you to be gentle with me.

Macv? kateskouros? SummerfieldDesigns? I see you on here a lot and value your input.

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: 33bacon floorplans

Comments (3)