SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sallyjavalon

kerdi question and tile question

sallyjavalon
14 years ago

Scenario is a 60x32 alcove that is being turned into a steam shower. Following advice on this forum (thanks Bill) we are using a kerdi kit for a 60x32 enclosure, 2x2 porcelain tile on the shower floor and 13x13 porcelain on the walls and ceiling. We want to incorporate a 12 inch tiled bench seat along the 32" wall opposite the fixtures. Do we cut the kerdi foam shower pan at that point or do we build the bench on top of the shower pan? The kerdi fabric will be installed over it all, but I am not sure about the foam pan part.

Having been talked out of my original thought of plain white tile in favour of a neutral stoney colour with an amazing stone and glass mosaic accent strip by my design savvy friend, I now have a problem. The neutral tile is in stock,(dom tracce del tempo beige) but there is a 6 week estimated delivery time on the accent tile. An additional 6 weeks will be a strain on matrimonial harmony. I don't suppose I could leave space for the accent pieces and do everything else??? I suspect not. If not I think I will pass on accent in the shower and just add accent on the bathroom wall.

Following e-mail will describe hair raising episodes to date on this venture.

Comment (1)