SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pensivern

Is this a weird towel holder spot?

pensivern
15 years ago

Dh is redoing our upstairs bathroom which he shares with my teenage son, (allowing me private use of the Master BR for which I'm very grateful). Since I'll seldom be in the "boys" BR, hubby has picked the majority of fixtures, ie lighting, tiles, marble top. I just peeked in to see the progress and was slightly aghast to see he mounted his hand towel holder (a half round polished chrome from Rest. Hardware) above the vanity to the right of the centered mirror. I've never seen a hand towel holder in this spot....a spot which looks like it should be reserved for a side light to the mirror (he placed a 3-lt fixture atop the mirror instead). He said he had no other room for the towel holder and it makes "perfect sense" to reach up to this locale to dry ones hands. I just think it looks out of place there and would prefer to see a towel placed on the vanity top instead (just lying on counter). Should I just keep my mouth shut and let hubby complete the BR as he wishes, or does anyone else think that it'd be a shame to put a fixture in an odd place.....everything he's chosen is in nice taste and good quality so far, but I'm afraid this move is a faux pas which might ruin the look of the BR.

thoughts?

Comments (16)