SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19697693

Opinions on cabinetmaker's vanity/hutch plans

User
11 years ago

We are making our guest bath more functional with a new vanity and counter hutch. Currently we have a 36" vanity with no drawers and an overmount sink and a 28" built-in linen closet. Both waste space. It's our only linen closet, and the master bath has no space to add one. The vanity will absorb what's in the linen closet, but I've cleaned it out and have kept only what's needed.

We're using the cabinetmaker who remodeled our kitchen. We switched to a 30" sink base so that those 6" could go to drawers. In the base cabinet under the counter hutch, I originally wanted a pull-out hamper, but I decided to make it a cabinet that could hold a regular hamper. It will have a removable shelf in case I decide to store towels there instead.

For the hutch I asked for a reeded glass door. We will probably do stained cabs and I wanted to lighten the look. Towels would go in there along with pretty containers. I think I'd like to have an appliance garage with a tilt-back door with the outlet inside.

Does the hutch coordinate with what's under it in the base cabinet? I could put drawers instead, but I think I have enough. Or it could be an open shelf cab for towels.

What would you use as a mirror? Fill the space with a framed mirror that incorporates the crown molding on the hutch? Is the height of the hutch correct? He originally made it ceiling height!

Thank you for taking the time to look over my plans. All suggestions are welcomed!

Comments (28)