SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msloane794

Has anyone gone with a 'No Name' sink?

msloane794
16 years ago

I'm looking for 32" Undermount Stainless Steel sinks for a Kitchen remodel.

There's a few posts here and there from people asking about various "No Name" sink brands, and I've read the info on gauges/finishes/material/etc., but I'm curious if anybody around here has actually decided to go with the "No Name" sink.

All of the suppliers I've talked to so far recommend the name brands (Blanco, Elkay, and others more expensive). I've also gotten info for Dayton sinks, which supposedly are made by/for Elkay).

My granite countertop guys offer a "Free" sink, which comes from "Global Builder's Supply" (www.globalbuildersupply.com/stainless_steel_sinks.htm). I've found a few other stainless steel places on the web (Example, CBSinks.com) and a couple of people here have recommended Ticor sinks from Galaxy Tool Supply.

I'm tempted to go with the Ticor from Galaxy Tool, since they have some kind of reputation, and you get a bunch of accessories for free. On the other hand, I've found Blanco sinks that fit in my budget, so maybe I should go with something I can look at and feel and touch, and that has a good reputation.

Frankly, it's hard for me to tell the good ones from the cheap ones when I'm looking at them in person. I don't want to get stuck with something I will hate forever, I'd like to save some $$$ if I can.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Comments (6)