SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Least bad OTR microwave that vents

crl_
11 years ago

I know OTR microwaves aren't great. Too high up for the microwave function and not great as vents. But we are not remodelling the kitchen for at least a couple of years because we need to save up first. In the mean time we had to replace the broken 1960s range that came with the place. That had a top oven with a built in vent so I also have to replace the vent somehow.

We got an induction range, which I love. Now I need to do something about the vent. I also have no microwave in the kitchen and about two feet of counter to the right of the sink and about three feet to the left. Plus no dishwasher so some of that counter space must go to a dish drying rack.
So, under the circumstances, it is an over the range microwave or no microwave. And we have to shell out some money for a vent anyway,

My conclusion is over the range microwave. We do have ductwork to the exterior so I can truly vent it. My range is stainless (because that's all induction ranges in my range come in.). So now I need to figure out the best of the lot. I don't even know what I should be looking for in terms of features to have or things to avoid.

Any and all suggestions on an over the range microwave that can vent to the outside would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (6)