SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Dual bath fans for shower/commode area?

ontariomom
11 years ago

Hi all and thanks in advance for any thoughts:

I have read about dual fans that allow you to have a fan positioned in two parts of your bathroom, but the two fans vent out one opening in the roof (or wall). We wondered about this kind of set-up in our ensuite with one fan located near the shower, and the other in the toilet room. However the HVAC contractor discouraged us as he felt the makers of these dual fans offered much noisier fans than going with say separate Panasonic Whisper fans with one in each part of the bathroom. His solution would of course lead to two openings in the house. So here are some questions I have:

1)Can anyone recommend a quiet, effective dual fan bath fan that combines fans in two areas into one opening? Is the dual fan by Fantech any good (I see that other posters have recommended Fantech brand for their single fans)?

2)If you do recommend these dual fans, can I also effectively combine a dual fan for two adjacent baths in our down stairs (back to back baths).

3)What do you think of the Panasonic Whisper Value fan (model FV-08VS1)? These are the Panasonic fans that the HVAC contractor installs in new homes, but I wondered if I should be looking more closely at the higher end Panasonic fans, which the contractor can certainly order in for us. For what it is worth we will also have an HRV running to each bath, so the fans are simply to do a quick job of removing moisture in the bath, defogging the mirror. The fans are not the only method of ventilating the baths.

4)Also, what do you think is a reasonable cost to install each bath fan? We have been quoted $250 per fan (based on the basic value Panasonic fan). Some of the fans we need will vent out the roof, others out walls (a few with rather long runs to an outside wall).

Any thoughts on any of these questions would be very appreciated!

Carol

Comments (9)