SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schwibs281

Advice for a Double Bathroom with Pocket Doors

schwibs281
13 years ago

Hey everybody. I'm totally at a loss as to how to better lay out or redecorate this bathroom. It's in a condo with one door opening to the hallway and another door opening to a bedroom.

The walls are all floor-to-ceiling and there are pocket doors in each of the interior walls. The allows the bathroom to be separated into a Vanity/Toilet/Bath/Shower room and a Vanity/Shower room. Most of the time, though, we leave all the doors open. The door between the vanity and the toilet has never been closed, I don't think.

Current thoughts: cut out the wall between the vanity and the toilet or at least cut the top off to make that side more open (the left side in the bathroom picture below).

Here's a couple of pictures of my neighbor's bathroom with the same layout to give you an idea of the half wall idea (although it doesn't look too great in this picture..). Also, I have the same vanity and mirror in my bathroom.

I'm living in the condo with my wife but only plan to be here ~2-3 years and don't want to change it too much so as to lower the resale value. It's in a young professional area and I can see two roommates living in the condo, so having two-ish bathrooms upstairs would be good still. There is a half bath downstairs with a vanity and toilet.

I'm open to any suggestions at all - changing walls, vanity suggestions, whatever you want to throw out there.

Here's the current floor plan:

Here's a picture of the upstairs floor plan (rotated layout from the above image):

I can't wait to hear your suggestion!

Comments (3)