SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Master Bath...light tile, dark grout? Help!

nikkidan
12 years ago

Trying to finalize our flooring and shower tile. Found a tile I love..Mannington Opera Walnut

This tile will cover the entire shower, and the bathroom floor.

I also chose 1X1 glass/slate tile for an accent border. There is clear tiles, dark brown, gray slate tiles, lots of different but mostly all neutral colors. It's beautiful.

The shower will be curbless, but will have a darker brown corian piece at the entrance to the shower. The corner shelves will also be the same dark brown corian.

The floor of the shower will be pebbles, mostly darker gray, but other various colors also.

Now for the grout. $%^&&*( I don't like grout :-/. But if I'm going to have grout, I'd like for it to be dark, so to not have to worry about it looking dirty. We live on a farm, husband comes home greasy and dirty. So the grout I chose is a deeper brown color also.

Designer insists it's going to be BEAUTIFUL! But I'm really unsure of having dark grout with light tiles. I'm comfortable with it all, just not positive about the grout. I like the grout color, just not sure about it contrasting with the tile. Anyone have pics for me to help me make this decision? I've looked at houzz with no luck. Thanks!

Comments (5)