SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jadynmom_gw

Total Kitchen Makeover...help!

jadynmom
15 years ago

Hi all--

I need some advice.....My husband and I are in the midst of not only a whole kitchen gut remodel...but a whole house remodel (ask me why i thought this was a good idea?)...anyways, I am kinda of overwhelmed with what is the best range, fridge, etc. to get for your money. We have a appliance budget of about 20,000- and we wouldn't have to pay retail prices as our contractor, etc get a good discount, etc (not to mention the economy..they better be ready to wheel and deal). We want professional looking appliances yet we are NOT professional cooks and i would say don't cook daily. I have ready so much about Viking being just a name, Wolf being bettr..but then what about this DCS? ......I have 48 inches to play with for range space. and BC we won't have a wall double oven...the 48 inch double oven ranges seem to be a good idea. Then there is the fridge....Are Sub-Zeros the best? I have heard "rumors" that quality has declined for the last 5 years? I have anywhere from 36-48 inches to play with in fridge space? Then i still have diswasher, etc....Any suggestions?? i obviously can't get top of line EVERYTHING as budget does not allow.....

thanks!

Comments (3)