SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjurich_gw

wolf AG burner issue

jjurich
15 years ago

I have a one year old 30" wolf AG range. I've read some of the threads on this issue, but can't find the ones from a year ago to compare notes. I'm experiencing two issues that service has been called on (they'll be out next week), but wanted to verify these are actual issues in case service tries to blow off my concerns.

Issue #1... When boiling 5 qts of water in an 8 qt SS all clad stock pot, after 5m or so, I see blue flames licking up the side of the stock put 1-1.5" or so. It does this on one of the two front burners and sure seems like a fire hazard.

Issue #2... When the oven is in use, like say after 30m of preheat time, the burners have problems with the setting between Med. and Hi (some burner are worse than others). The problem is that the individual flame flickers on and off in some/alot of the burner holes as if it is getting too much air or not enough to have proper combustion. On the Hi setting these problem burners also sound more like flame throwers then other burners as if they are getting too much air. When the range is cold the problem isn't nearly as noticeable.

I'm an engineer and by nature anal retentive, but only have a year left on warranty so let me know if this is "normal" or if I should go worry about some thing else... And yes, I've cleaned the burners, disassembled and reassembled several times. I do not have problems igniting the burners w/ the oven on or off.

Thanks,

JJ

Comments (7)