SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annab6_gw

questions for owners of dcs ag range

annab6
16 years ago

Out of the AG ranges I really like the appearance of the DCS and the fact that it has 5 burners. Didn't think it was possible to use all five but tried to put pots and pans on it in a store and it does fit 5 things (one would have to be something small but the rest were good size and nothing was touching)

If you have one, do you like it? Does it perform as advertized?

More specifically, these are my main questions:

The oven is supposed to be True Gas Convection. I thought "true convection" was only possible in an electric oven. But whether it is "true" or "not quite true", are you satisfied with the DSC convection? I am also interested to know whether the top shelf is no longer the "hot place" but has the right temperature.

Is the convection fan loud? We have a piano in the living room next to the kitchen, would it be ok to use the fan while someone is practicing?

Does the oven door get hot (we have kids so this is important)?

Does the cooktop get hot when the oven is on? My current GE has vent holes for the oven along the back of the cooktop so the back does get very hot along with anything standing on the back burners. But the front burners don't get hot. Is it similar with the DCS?

It has the dual-flow burners which as I understand is supposed to be great for simmering. Is it trully a great feature?

If you have a self-clean model, how is the self-cleaning?

Have you compared it to Capital? I was told the creators of Capital came from the DCS so it is almost the same thing.

And very important, have you had it for a long time and have you had any problems? I did see a thread about a problem one person here is having but didn't see any other complains. I am definitely looking for something very reliable (well, who isn't) Between work and family, who has time for service calls, right?

annab6

Comments (21)