SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliveagain

Need help Identifying Hummel...thx

aliveagain
15 years ago

My grandmother passed away and I was given a M.I. Hummel that she purchased in Germany in the late 70's when I was born. From what I have found, it is listed as a Candleholder girl w/ nosegay. She is approx. 3.5" tall with a candleholder in her right hand and flowers in her left. I have seen others online but mine differs in a few ways...the one I saw online had a solid bottom, mine does not, mine is concave with a hole in the center...another difference is mine does NOT have a backstamp, it actually has a small silver rectangular sticker with blue writing that has a picture of one of the stamps from "The Last Bee" series. It does have M.I. Hammel signature engraved along the outer rim of the base and it does have the #115 engraved underneath by the hole. There seems to be a very small "w" written in black beneath the glaze on the bottom like a signature marking. I have only seen one other thing on the internet that had a silver sticker like mine and I am attaching that to this message. But there are no other markings on this piece...I definately do not want to sell it as it came from my grandmother whom I loved dearly but I would like to have more information on the piece.

Comments (3)