SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldfishinglure

Got Lucky Today....

oldfishinglure
15 years ago

Im trying not to get buyers remorse, so I thought Id share ....So any encourgment would be great. Im also hoping that adjusting the cabinets to fit them as we didnt buy the same dimensions wont cost us more then if we had just bought the size we needed...

We went to get a new 27 inch single oven as our blew out xmas morning. It was 30 years old so fixing the element isnt worth it since were in the middle of a small kitchen remodel. Sink, countertop, cook top micro, hood, painting cabinets, floors etc...

We got in the store 60 percent off weekend and I went straight to the 30 inch induction Kenmore elite I had seen online, worrying about the oven later...Had a small edge chip in it still a very very good price at 799. Talked to the salesman wife wasnt sold on it said just get a nice elec, but I hung in there...Next to it was a 36 inch kenmore elite no problems open box buy for 1400 (Origionally $2750) still a good deal, after telling the person we wanted a oven and a cooktop today and some conversation, asking if she could take any less the answer was no, not unless the price was wrong to begin with...We said we would be back but we liked the 36 inch Kenmore elite induciton cooktop and the Bosch double 27 inch HBL3550UC convection oven which started at $2500 now marked 1699...

As we started to leave the salesman said o i think they added wrong....She got out her calc and started with the 36 inch induction. She said O looks like they priced it wrong its 800.....Sold I said without any hesitation. She then walked over to the Bosch and punched numbers 1000 she said is what this is supposed to be....Sold I said again....We added a 3 year contract to each and walked out the door for 2200 TT&L....Yiipeee...

Hope they are as good as they look and I hope my wife will not hate me too much for having to get rid of all of our calphalon..

We will loose the space under the 27 inch single we have to to accomidate the double and we may loose 2 misc drwaers to accomidate the cooktop...Now I need to find someone to make some of the adjustments to the electricity and cabinets and install the units...

Any thoughts if I did ok I think I got a steal...Should have bought the LG or GE Profile OTC SS Microwave for 200 but I good cold feet about the cabinet mod...

Comment (1)