SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Help?! Frameless shower glass install help needed ASAP

Stacey Collins
14 years ago

Hi folks-

We're attempting to install our shower door and fixed panel today, but we have questions and of course the manufacturer is closed today. The frustrations of weekend DIY-ing! Does anyone have experience with this who can advise?

#1) We are using clips to hold the fixed panel, not U-channel. The manufacturer was supposed to send "clear setting blocks" but they did not, so we don't have them. We thought we could fashion from clear vinyl shims sold at the hardware store. Yes?

#2) Where exactly do these setting blocks go??? Do they go under the glass INSIDE the clips? Or, do they go simply between the edge of the glass and the curb/wall, to be covered with clear silicone?

#3) Our installation is a neo-angle, with the door (hinged to an end wall) and the fixed panel at an angle. The manufacturer cut the edge of the fixed panel on an angle for this reason. They also included a clear door strike/seal (though they said I could use it or not). I don't want to use it because I feel it detracts from the clean look of the glass, but DH thinks that the skinny, pointy edge of the beveled glass there will be too dangerous without it (too thin and likely to shatter.) Any thoughts?

Thanks- we're hoping to do this today!!!

Stacecy

Comments (11)