SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Need planning help for BR#3 Tub deck and linen tower?

raehelen
10 years ago

Hoping to have Master Bath completed within the next few days! Whooee! Can actually start serious planning for the last BR reno. Background: Empty nesters, we have been gradually gutting and completely renovating 40+ yr old home from top to bottom. Basically DIY, DH is able to do all electrical, plumbing, and now tiling! We have had our vanities custom made, and will likely do that again in this BR.

So, we are working with a 10ft X 6.5ft rectangle. It will be completely gutted, new window has already been put in, and new door will go in same spot, same dimension, ie 28" wide. I am placing new air jet tub across the back wall, in a 78in by 43in space, tub itself is 66 X 33, so I need help deciding where to position it, ie how to divide the extra 10in of width and 12in of length. Where to place faucets and handshower?

Toilet will be beside tub at one end, and 15" deep linen tower at the other end. I am thinking I will have head rest of tub beside toilet, but DH has just informed me having faucet and drain close to outside wall makes access to plumbing more difficult...so am thinking will have 10" of extra deck under window, and with drain 8" from outside edge of tub, that makes 18" away from outside wall. He can live with that, but would prefer faucets to be on far side wall. This means I have to rethink having faucets nice and close to reach. Guess I can sit on edge of tub and turn on faucets? Anyone here have faucets 35+" away from outside edge?

Next question is regarding linen tower. Am thinking will keep it ~15" deep and 21" wide to improve access to tub. Need this storage for household towels, lots of towels in this house! Thoughts?

Comments (19)