SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palzywalzy

Curbless shower disaster

Palzywalzy
10 years ago

Hello,

I have had what was an exciting part of my remodel turn into a disaster. My contractor ordered a Quickdrain curbless shower set up with all of the parts including the honeycomb type material to create the slope down to 2". He raised up the rest of the room, the "flat" part, using tile backer board. The shower is 40" wide and the grade he created to the infinity drain is 2". When he was doing the install, at the end, he came by an applied a thick gray line of caulking at 42" across the entire width, he said it was to create a barrier so the water can't flow out past the caulk line. The next time I checked the bathroom, the tile guy had come in and layed down the white penny tile with silver gray grout. The looks was horredous. There is a bump like ridge extending the entire width of the shower.
The tile floor seems to slope up before it goes down, not only does it look terrible but makes it impossible to install the glass shower door we planned.

He has offered to "fix" the whole job at his expense. He wants me to reorder the tile and he will pay for it. Instead of demoing the bad floor, he wants to tile over it. I asked him what his plan is to correct the grade., he said it will all be fixed.

I am sick over the stress and expense of this, and I wonder if it can be fixed.

Many thanks for any advice

Comments (10)