SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crackedearth

New in town, 30's, but temporarily living in retirement community

crackedearth
19 years ago

I don't have to have people like me. But I am wondering, all of us at this mh village have doors on the driveway side and doors on other side. our neighbor on our driveway side seems to not even want to be friendly. he seems bothered, actually. it seems like he doesn't want to have anything to do with us, and that's fine, but i wonder, if he knows we are going to say "hi" (and that's it-we don't bother), why he doesn't just go in thru his driveway door on the the otherside.

we do not watch tv, we don't have a stereo even plugged in. my husband spends all day programming; i spend all day reading and quietly crafting. there is no yard to take care of (that would be over-grown).

i am just wondering why he seems put off everytime he sees us. we do smoke about 3 cigarettes a day or so, outside. but he doesn't have his door open when we do. so we don't think that is it. we don't go out and drive in after dark (flashing headlights), we don't play car stereo loud. we have no friends because we just moved here, so we aren't bothering with company. no kids, no barking dogs.

is it our appearance? my husband has long blonde ponytail hair and glasses; i am in dire need of a hair cut and have a snaggle tooth needing to be crowned, with dark, undyed hair, and a southern drawl.

he seems to talk to our neighbors on the otherside but they (neighs on both sides) don't seem to want anything to do with us or the community, either.

is everyone just in bad moods? do they think we are slackers? did i mention we'll only be in their retire village for 3 months and then we will be far away in the mountains, probably never to see them again. i thought when the neighbors saw how quiet we were, they'd be ok with us. but i'm slowly getting to the point of crying because we haven't done nothing.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022