SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crila1

Inconsiderate Neighbors

crila1
17 years ago

If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

I just moved to my own apartment, because I wanted to live alone. I'm 36 and I'm done with the roommate thing. I found a beautiful apartment to rent in NJ, right along the river, so I have a beautiful skyline view of the city. It's in a really nice condo building. This apartment is my beginner's dream apartment. The price was not that expensive to rent, which was a surprise for the area.

Now for the problem. My neighbors upstairs are owners of their condo. They're loud, rude and inconsiderate. They walk really loudly and party to the last possible legal minute. The apartments aren't even huge...what's with all the walking? Back and forth, back and forth constantly.

They are a young married couple. They have absolutely no rugs on their floor either. This is a pre-WW2 building, so the ceilings aren't thick or anything. All day long, the wife walks across the floor in her high heels, and I can hear the TV blasting all day and night. WHO WEARS HIGH HEELS TO WALK AROUND AT HOME???? THe husband walks so heavy, I think he's going to fall thru the floor.

Last night, they had 10 of their friends over, and they were blasting music and salsa dancing until exactly 10:00 on the button. I can't even relax or enjoy my new home and it's starting to depress me...and I've only been here a week.

I finally said something to them yesterday...twice. They were rude and nasty, and refused to compromise. I was so nice to them about it, and very reasonable the whole time. They said they've been there 3 years, they owned, and they weren't changing, that I was just going to have to deal with it. Another problem, they're on the condo board...and they're best friends with the President on the condo board.

I also found out from a couple of the other renters, that there were lots of complaints about them...and people in my apartment don't last long, because they can't take it. What am I going to do? I just moved...took time off from work and spent so much money. I'm broke at this point, and can't afford to move again. The landlord who owns the apartment lives in Greece...and the go between lady who rented to me, was well aware of this, and never warned me.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! What can I do? I'm just a renter and they own the condo.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions