SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaye820

Should Apartment Have Liability Insurance?

kaye820
9 years ago

I have just been forced to move from an adorable little apartment in the perfect part of town for me. After having lived in my unit for two years, I had the misfortune of falling on a very wet and slick patio floor just outside my front door and wound up with a badly broken ankle. The manager went INSANE and immediately began yelling that they didn't have any liability insurance because she had screwed up and let the policy lapse. And she flatly REFUSED to pay any of my medical expenses, which turned out to be considerable, or any other expenses resulting from my inability to walk for four months. She then started harrassing me constantly and threatening to evict me because she said I had too much stuff in too small an apartment, that my apartment was filthy, that I was a menace to the other tenants, and that I had an extra cat. (Actually, I did have an extra cat, which I took in from my best friend when she was dying from pancreatic cancer!) I lived that nightmare until I was nearly suicidal and finally got out of there two weeks ago. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Comments (3)

Sponsored