SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

Trying to figure out CFM requirements for very open kitchen

auroraborelis
11 years ago

One thing I'm really looking forward to in my new kitchen is having a quiet, yet powerful, exhaust fan, yet shopping for range hoods is turning out to be one of the more confusing items to figure out!

Here is my dilemma, my kitchen is a large U 14'x19' with 19' being open to the dining room and living room, which is a single large room 22x34. All the calculations to figure out the required CFM take into consideration the size of the kitchen, but how do I take the open space into account.

My cooktop is a Bosch 36" 800 series induction, so how do I take that into account when it asks for BTUs in the calculations? We do fry things, so grease, smoke and smell are major concerns, heat not so much with the induction.

Finally, the ducting will be going from the first floor up to the second and vented out the roof. it will probably only have one turn, and it is new construction so I can easily make sure this is done right.

As I mentioned noise is a concern so we are looking at inline and external options.

Can anyone help guide me towards how many CFMs we need?

Thanks!!!

Comments (9)