SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neilt81

Specialized auction site

neilt81
17 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of starting up my own online auction site specializing in antique wares for antique buyers and sellers.

Now my mum and step dad deal in Noritake and Poole and one thing that constantly comes up is that they don't really sell online and that they travel to many fairs around the country (whilst meeting some good friends), even tho they enjoy it it puts a toll on them, the car and the bank account (more so if they don't sell anything).

Also what I found out whilst doing some digging on the subject is the lack of sercurity againist fraud and scams with in the antiques trade (coins and notes in particular).

What i'm looking to do is visit a few fairs with in my local area of northampton to talk to stall owners about open stores on my auction site and also gain some insight into why they don't sell online.

Now here comes the content of the site bit, the site will only list antique auctions and stores, it will be free to list, free to own a store, free to up load pictures, and only a 1% end of auction fee.

Also what i'm planning to do is have a sub site that will have have articles written by people in the trade, fair dates, a buyers guide and price list, and promo articles on antique stores and stalls.

What do you guys think?

Comments (8)