SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

So many questions - part II - Dessert/Tea Set

DLM2000-GW
14 years ago

I'm assuming tea set because there is a tea pot with straining holes inside the pot - gotta love my deductive reasoning.

The set is 12 cups and saucers, dessert size plates, tea pot, creamer, sugar. There is also one serving bowl and that's the piece that throws me but now I'm wondering if they aren't really a set. You'll see what I mean with the marks. If it was a cake plate, it would make sense in a dessert set but it's not large enough that it would serve 12 with any kind of dessert that would be in a bowl. I have little memory of this ever being used - not even sure if it came from my maternal or paternal grandmother but it was in my mom's china hutch and I know it was not hers originally - not her taste.

Couldn't find anything at first thinking the first letter was a K but finally found Hutschenreuther. Any ideas how I would find the pattern name? I'd like to get a sense of value, if it's collectible. I need to have a sale!

This is the cup and saucer and mark. This says Czechoslovakia but what I find on a search says either Germany or Bavaria - any thoughts? Is it possibly not a set even though they look identical in pattern? Is this mark something other than Hutschenreuther? I'm so confused.

{{gwi:1377277}}

{{gwi:1377278}}

This is the serving bowl and it's mark. It's the only piece with this mark, the rest are all marked like the cup.

{{gwi:1377279}}

{{gwi:1377280}}

And this is the teapot - I'm not going to post photos of every piece - you get the idea.

{{gwi:1377281}}

Comments (14)