SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fireflyfan314

I never thought this would be a problem...

fireflyfan314
15 years ago

I am a very clean person. Not a clean freak, I don't care if dishes are in the sink for a few hours or the floor hasn't been swept in a few days. I used to live with two incredibly messy people, couldn't handle it anymore, then moved in with a clean freak. I thought I would be happy, we would live in harmony...no. She was fine at first, then little things started happening. If I wasn't taking my clothes out of the dryer immeaditly after the buzzer went off, she would put them in a trash bag and leave them outside my door, even if she had no laundry to do. She has to clean the floors every day and says my shoes are too dirty to wear in the house. I can't leave anything of mine in the kitchen or living room because she likes it to look like no one lives out there, so it ends up in front of my door. She tells me I don't do anything right, from drying my clothes on normal and not permanant press like her, to doing my dishes. I used to put them in the sink for a bit, now they go straight in the dishwasher (but I have to handwash them clean first), it doesn't matter though, she reloads them because they aren't right. I try to remember to wipe down the counters after I use them, but sometimes I forget, like a human, and she calls me a lazy ass. God forbid I don't scrub the counters, floors, and sink after making a sandwhich (I have seen this)

She also won't let me park in the driveway, even when she's not there. She says she needs it, but won't tell me why, and flies off the handle if I park there. I have to park in the convience store parking lot across the way.

One more thing, before I go. She starts making her lunch in the kitchen around 2, eats at 3, cleans till 5, cooks dinner till 7, and eats till 9 with her boyfriend, then cleans till 10, then bit**** cause I don't help out in the kitchen. Ummm, when am I supposed to? I can barely find time to make soup. Oh yes, this is everyday. She works early mornings, and doesn't have many friends to spend time with.

What do I do? I have tried to ask her what is wrong, and what I can do to make her life easier, but she tells me everything is fine and she is just stressed. How can I change if I don't know what to do. I am not moving out.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer