SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisybee631

How to deal with savage neighbors?

daisybee631
13 years ago

We love our apartment complex with the exception of our downstairs neighbors. They are super loud slamming everything in their apartment. They stomp around so hard the floors tremble with each dinosaur like stomp. They yell at the top of their lungs instead of speaking normally. It's as if they all have A.D.D. because 5 mins can't go by without hearing some disruption. They don't just stomp occasionally but it's like they walk back and forth nonstop all day. I don't think they ever sit down. They don't have jobs because on random days I have off from work, I hear the noises from early morning until late at night. It seems like they never leave the apt. so there is no break. Don't get me started on the food odors coming from down there. It's horrible and it's the same odor every single night!! It smells like burned roadkill. They open and slam their back sliding door dozens of times a day so that they can hang their ragged laundry along the balcony railings. No one else in the complex does this and the building is regularly manicured and seeing dingy clothes drying along the banisters makes the whole place look ghetto. What makes it so bad is the fact that their apartment is directly above the laundry room and there is no reason not to utilize the dryers. We've complained to the rental agency and directly to the neighbors about the noise with no results. When we tried speaking to the neighbors, they acted as though they couldn't speak English. Before anyone suggests that we move, please note that we were here first and we don't have any complaints against us. Even if we transfer to a different apt. we have to pay the transfer fee. So not fair since we've done nothing wrong. Please, please, please help?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions