SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pixiedustdiva

New apt, bad neighbors. Rights please :)

pixiedustdiva
15 years ago

So I moved into a new apt 2 weeks ago. The people unstairs from me own a huge barking dog that is left on their patio 90Z% of the time. When I go on my patio, and he hears me, he won't stop barking.

Also, this lady, I swear she never sleeps. All I hear is her walking back and forth on my ceiling, almost stomping, moving heavy furniture, banging things... all day long, and literally till 4am sometimes. I decided to be a good neighbor and let it go and not complain. It could be worse.

So today I get a note on my door for a noise complaint. The other night I had a couple friends over and we were on my patio, and having to talk OVER her loudly barking dog. So she complained because we were talking.

Then the other night, I was watching a Blu Ray with a friend and had the surround sound on. I walked outside my unit to see if it was disturbing. I couldn't hear it. But she was stomping on the floors, pacing back and forth so much, that even with the surround sound on, we could hear it quite loud.

I wrote the manager to see what the policy is on moving me to a different unit. I am not going to go through this. IF I was bothering her to the point where she was upset, she could've knocked on my door, or left a note. But to be the pot calling the ketle black, just left a bad taste in my mouth.

What rights do I have here? I am not a loud person at all. But she just seems VERY grumpy and is almost looking for ways to annoy us.

Any and all advice is helpful. And I appreciate it :)

Thank you so much!

Comments (2)

Sponsored