SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Come see my Craigs List walnut dining room set!

I posted here asking for advice when I was looking for a "new" dining room set. Thanks to all who advised me. It took me a month to bring it home: I had to sell my old junk first! I gave the seller a deposit while I did that. This one was not a "steal" but compared to a new one it was a good deal. This was actually only the second one I went to go look at, not counting consignment shops, so I must have been lucky. I have been trolling CL since then and have not seen anything I liked a tenth as much. It was over my budget but when I showed my husband the pictures he agreed it was well worth it. The owner is downsizing to a townhouse. The set had belonged to his late wifeÂs mother.

There is the table, 2 leaves, 6 chairs, the long buffet, a short mini buffet (I have not thought of a name for this piece yet) and a small china cabinet. I already have a floor to ceiling china cabinet, so the one that belongs to this set is in the adjacent lining room.

I really wanted a buffet and this set having such a nice one clinched it. I really like the detailing on the table apron too. I did not see a logo except on the slide mechanism, and that was probably purchased by the manufacturer.

Except for very minor scratches on 2 of the table legs and teeth marks on one chair support, it is in great shape. There are also spills in the carving of the same end of the table; I think I know where the high chair used to be placed.

Tell me if you recognize the style and what it would be called, and can estimate the era. It may not qualify as an antique but it goes well with my pieces that are.

IÂm guessingÂ1920Âs?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH