SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

On a completely different subject: Senor Pico!

alisande
16 years ago

These dishes are marked SENOR PICO 1964. Here's the information I got from another forum member:

In the 1960's San Francisco's famous Trader Vics opened up a chain of Mexican restaurants named Senor Picos. The restaurants only lasted several years in the USA (although overseas some are still in existance). To supplement revenue, and for the benefit of the tourist trade, they merchandised a number of rather racy items that could be purchased on site at their restaurants. Most of these involved Senor Pico chasing down and finally wooing a reluctant Senorita Pico. These (R Rated) items today are highly sought after.

A photo from the Bangkok Senor Pico's shows the dishes in use. Apparently only one of the long pieces is used with each dish (over the top of the dish). I have eight long pieces and four dishes, but there may be more dishes somewhere.

They'd be fun to use for all sorts of things, and my DS is happy to take them unless there's a good possibility that collectors are out there salivating for them. I was unable to find anything similar for sale on the Internet.

Waddya think?

Comments (2)