SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

Should We Do This--Whatta You Think?

patti43
18 years ago

We retired to our cabin 12 years ago. It's in a very isolated area. It was really enjoyable--lots of friends, boating, fishing, dinners. Then, about 4 years ago, things changed. People moved, passed away, etc. So we've basically been vegetating. We're considering selling the house and moving to a college town 50 miles away. DH's doctors are located there (pretty important) and where we could do volunteer work and at the very least, have a decent restaurant close. To say nothing about shopping at someplace besides Wal-Mart.

I would like to rent for a year to see if we like it there or not. We've looked at several apartments (those that don't encourage students) and found a couple we really like. One only has neighbors on the sides; the other we would have people above and on the sides. It was so cute, though--fireplace, two master bedrooms, nice floor plan. But maybe no neighbors above would be a better idea.

Another thing is that nights (days, too) are so quiet here and we're so used to it. However, we moved here from the Clearwater, FL area so we we were used to the noise there.

Hoping Tally Sue will see this and offer her advice. (You always seem so logical.)I'm so afraid we'll be making a big mistake. To all of you, what do you think? Have you had a similar experience? I'd really like the input.

Comments (17)

Sponsored