SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucy_tenant

Neighbor pounds on ceiling at 3 am to try to wake me up

lucy_tenant
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have been reading everyone's posts on here seeing if anyone has had the same problem as me, but none have come close and I am looking for advise now. I live on the top floor. I am extremely considerate of the girl living below me. My apartment is all hardwood floors and it is a very old building. The floors move and creak all the time. Because of this I never,ever even wear my shoes in my place. I go to bed everynight between 9 and 10 pm. I am only awake and in my apartment for about 3 hours everyday. The rest of the time I am at work, then the gym, and then come home for dinner and go to bed. I live by myself and have even bought carpets to put all over the floors to try to help with the noise of walking around.

My issues come into play at around 3-4 am every night. The girl that lives below me must be up late, and also knows that I have been asleep for some time now. She thinks it is funny to throw a basketball into the ceiling at these very late hours. It scares me and wakes me up. It is done intentionally everynight around the same time. She will do it once, wait a few minutes, do it again. Sometimes she does it only a few times, sometimes it has lasted for about 15 min. To me this is unacceptable. I have contacted the management company and they said that they have talked to her, but it still continues. I am at a loss of words now. I email/call the management company the next day everytime it happens. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

I really do make every effort to not make noise.

I have wanted to start calling the police, but as everyone says, it doesnt really seem to do a whole lot. If I try to talk to the girl below me, she does not answer the door. And hte management company seems to just not really care. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for anyones advice or suggestions.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County