SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

Cards Regarding Paula

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the beautiful cards you've sent, offering your love, caring, hugs, and friendship. It's good to know I've got so many people who care about me and Bump, especially when we find ourselves still looking and listening for Paula, the one who turned this house into a home. The things you've all said has made it obvious that I wasn't the only one who cared for Paula, and for that, I thank you. The outpouring of your love these past two weeks has been a great comfort to me. I don't know what I'd do without all you guys.

I have a request to make, though I'm not sure how exactly to say it. Can you imagine it? Me? Now knowing what to say? Anyway, let me just come out and say it, and please remember that I'm saying it with the best of intentions. I'm probably say this the wrong way, but then, I don't know if there's a right way. Bear with me, okay? ***deep breath*** Though I've enjoyed each and every card I've received, they've also reminded me of Paula's absence, and that's been a bit hard to deal with. I know the good intentions behind every card, and I love you all for them. I guess what I'm trying to ask, and botching it up pretty well, is that no one send any more cards about Paula. I need some time and space right now, so I can start figuring out how to make a life without her. My feelings are a bit raw still, and I need to let some of them settle down a bit. I know you are all willing to help me deal with Paula's absence, and I will forever be grateful for finding friends like you all. But, for now, I need to focus on the other parts of my life so I can get a handle on what's missing.

I hope you all understand. I don't want to upset anyone, hurt them, or harm. I just need a little time spent focusing on the other parts of my life.

Thanks, again...

-Dan & Bump

Comments (13)