SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsayg_gw

flea and tick control

lindsayg
16 years ago

Hi,

I have been trying to learn about natural habitats and incorporating and drawing natural preditors to my garden area while still building it. I came across thise website and it was the best and simplest information I have ever recieved. Take a look!!

Also, for those who have dogs, or know about them. I am looking for a spray for the yard, and something I can put on my dogs to keep the ticks and fleas at bay. I have been using advatix, but that is just not cutting it as I found 3 ticks on one of my dogs and 1 on one of my other dogs, and they have NEVER had fleas or ticks. I have read that essential oils like lavender, lemongrass, sage, thyme, spearamint peppermint ect in a spray bottle with water will keep them away. Is there a way I can soak thier collars in it as well without the chance of 'burning' thier skin. I know that oils put on 'neat' will tear up skin (I know from experience :) ) but if it diluted, would it still irritate if the collar is on all day?

And then about the yard.... I want to have all the beneficials, like the ladybugs ect. However, most of everything I have seen or looked up 'gets rid' of everything. I have used mosquito barrier in the past (the garlic stuff) and it worked fairly well, but it was a pain in the butt to spread it around the yard because it was so thick it clogged up my yard sprayer.

Any tips/ hints/ experience would be greatly appreciated .... Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: noahs notes

Comments (3)