SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunsi_gw

Cat Stew recipes requiring no tomatoes

sunsi
14 years ago

Don't get me wrong I love all three of my cats but we've been having trouble getting the tomatoes to ripen in my neck of the woods. So when I saw a lone tomato that was showing signs of a blush I quickly picked it and brought it inside to safely ripen on the window sill. I grew to love this tomato even talked to it as I did the dishes.....

Until 3 days later when I found it horribly mangled with deep claw marks! Oh NO! How could this be he/she was just fine yesterday so plump and beautiful teasing me to make a BLT just him/her and me.

I knew who to blame for this carnage on my sweet little tomato and proceeded to hunt him down. There's a reason his name is "Billy The Kid" aka "Billy" he must have known I wasn't looking for him to play or cuddle because I couldn't find him anywhere. Maybe it was the shriek he heard from the kitchen that tipped him off but I have to admire the fact that finally he had found a hiding place where I couldn't find him.

By the time I did find "Billy" I was already in love with a new tomato with enough color to be picked the next day so I ruffled his fur affectionately and told him what a great cat he was and how smart he was too know the best tomatoes. He purred knowingly.

(forget that recipe request) :)

Comments (5)