SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ediej1209

Tonight, I'm a happy camper

ediej1209 AL Zn 7
14 years ago

Had my first BLT of the season tonight... the first ripe Mortgage Lifter always tastes the bestest ever! I have been following the posts of all who have had horrible things happen to their gardens this year and feel so awful for them I have hesitated to post how we're doing. I'm not trying to crow or anything, but my garden and my horse are my mindsavers right now. I've recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and when I'm in the barn or the garden I am not thinking about it. So with that in mind, here are some pictures of my tomatoes today:

{{gwi:1385427}}

{{gwi:1385428}}

{{gwi:1385429}}

We have: Yellow Oxheart, Red Oxheart, Mortgage Lifter, Big Zebra, Moby Grape, Dr. Carolyn Pink and Black Cherry.

And just for fun, here's an updated pic of my "walking fertilizer factory" (English Shire):

{{gwi:1385430}}

My son was getting ready to take her into the show ring at the Ohio State Fair on Thursday (we took 1st place in her age class - 2 year old - and Junior Champion!)

Anyway, I sure hope the rest of the growing season gets better for those who still have some hope of beating the weather and the blight.

Edie

Comments (3)