SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jersey_ponder

The forgotten item we all needed......

jersey_ponder
19 years ago

OK, so lets share how we all forgot the all important "must have" and how we survived without it on a camping trip.

Actually there have been quite a few throughout the years, but this stands out a lot. One time the 5 of us were going away for the week, nothing big, just to PA for some camping and R&R. The boys were very little then, my baby was only 13 months old, the middle one was 25 months old and the "big guy" was 5. WOW...that was ages ago, now they are 20, 21 and 24. Anyway the baby still sucked his pacifier at nap, bedtime. Seems we forgot to pack one of the at least 20 we had at home. Hubby decided this would be a good time to break him of it and teach himself to sleep through the night, he was still waking up at least one time a night. It didn't go over too well, here is my baby screaming at about 3 am and I'm sitting there glaring at my hubby. I said the next morning we have to find a store, hubby said lets give it another try so night #2 comes, screaming again for what seemed like hours. Now I'm getting pretty #&%^*& at hubby. Next morning I drive to eternity to find a store, nothing!!!! Not that sell pacifiers anyway. Night #3 comes, he falls asleep, I can't sleep because I'm checking on him like every 15 minutes to make sure he is ok. The rest of the trip goes great, baby sleeps f or the night without getting up, no more pacifiers. Now looking back it is pretty funny, but not then. When/if I have grand children I will make sure the babies have plenty when they sleep over my house, if they use them.

Lynda

Comments (10)

Sponsored