SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

I'd Forgotten We Were Going Away This Weekend :~(

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

Did I get a big shock this morning! I was thinking that our Colorado ski trip over President's Day Weekend was the weekend of the 21st, NOT this weekend! This is Valentines Day Weekend, NOT President's Day Weekend . . . or at least in my mind it was!

So, imagine the start I got this morning when DH mentioned that we should probably start packing for it tomorrow. We leave Friday afternoon and get back Monday evening. Durango is a beautiful little resort town that we know and love, and I feel very ungrateful that I'm wishing we weren't going, but I am. I had a wonderful V'Day planned for us here, topped off with a special dinner that night using my new transferware. It almost feels like a waste to be decorating for it, as our house/dog sitter won't appreciate it. Dan's our neighbor's son and in his last year of college. We've known him since he was in first grade and he's a good guy, but I'm not very confident that he'll be able to keep Ronin from eating my decs!

I don't ski anymore, due to a bad ski accident some years ago, but I was planning on doing a bit of shopping in town . . . OK, a lot of shopping while DH and DD are skiing. Hopefully I can find some good bargains to bring back.

Sorry that I'm rambling, but this trip just came up way too quickly and I am so not ready for it! You know, I woke up this morning dreaming of tablescapes . . . this truly is a disease ;^P

Lynn

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions