SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seafire1

RV being evicted

seafire1
16 years ago

I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their neighbors or more importantly their Home Owners Association regarding RV parking/storage on their property?

We have an HOA for our 8 year old development (single family homes) that was strictly for caring for the front of the development, Open Spaces and the Tot LOt. It only cost $35 per year to begin with. It is presently up to $100 per year.

Our trailor is parked on the side of our house behind a 6 ft privacy fence and is considered within Township Limits for storing vehicles. Our New neighbors do not like it. They got involved with the HOA and he is now a board of trustee. They are trying to amend the by-laws to prohibit all trailers/boats over 7 feet in length because they feel the looks of these types of vehicles detract from astetics of the development and will result in lower Real Estate values. Hog wash!! I have fought them so far and they've decided to "Grandfather" me in. But it still bothers me.....Why shouldn't anyone that buys into our development be able to park their boat or trailer on their property. This is the reason I did not buy into a townhome.

Any advise or experience?

Frustrated in NJ

Pam

Comments (7)

Sponsored