SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

Swallows evicted Bluebirds?! What the ????

ohsoblue77
12 years ago

Hello everyone.

My bluebirds layed their 1st egg two days ago. I left for a day and returned today expecting 3 beautiful eggs. Instead,I was greeted to finding more nest material in the nest and a feather in with it. I looked into the cup...NO EGGS!!!!

I saw the male and saw him meet up with his mate. This is going on at a box paired 20 ft apart with another box. The Swallows appear to be using the other and have a nest going in the opposite box.

Because there was the feather, it leads me to wonder...DID THE SWALLOWS SERIOUSLY DO THIS?! There were no problems before. Other swallows came in and tried to land on the front but the blues continually chased them off. There is no evidence of the broken egg(s)

For the 2nd year in a row, the laying process has been interrupted. Seems like every time I leave something goes wrong. Could HOSP also be to blame? I have my doubts on them because most have been eliminated from my neighborhood. I am now considering putting my sparrow spooker up just for this reason. What a joke of a way to start the season!

~Tim~

Comments (9)