SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rammrodd

Any landlords here? Have an eviction question.

rammrodd
17 years ago

My mother-in-laws daughter (not my wife, my wife's sister)is 22 and has been in and out of drug treatment facilities since she was 13. My wife, myself and my 5 year old rent an apartment downstairs, and my mother-in-law lives upstairs with my wifes sister. She was kicked out all last summer, but allowed to return home if she did a 28 day program.

So she did the program, moved back in, and within 24 hours she was shooting up again. I don't want her in the house with my daughter here, and my mother in law wants her out. But she's saying,"I know my rights and you can't kick me out. It's against the law!" Can we just take all her crap and throw it in the road. My mother in law is getting the notice to evict paperwork today, but can you have everything expediated under the fact that she's abusing drugs, coming and going freely, making noise till 5 in the morning... I'm waiting for her to burn the house down... there's all cigarette burns in her comforter and stuff. And my mother in law, for whatever reason, doesn't have the cajones to just flip out on her till she want's to leave.

How can we speed up the process of eviction?

Thanks,

Aaron

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths