SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

New season: To Jen, and others:

rustyj14
15 years ago

Hello, Jen and others:

So, here i sit, suffering from a bad cold, and wishing for summer to come soon! Don't know where i got it, but i have it!

Tonight is the Annual Firemen's ball, and i must make an appearance, since i am the next to oldest active member on the list! I'm now more than half way(from 84) to 85 years of age! I still answer the fire calls, to answer the phone and radio calls, at the station. And, somebody should be there, when they all drive off in the trucks, and leave the doors open!

Hopfully, next summer we'll still have lower gas prices, but i'm not holding my breath. I think our new president will boost the taxes very high, and ruin our plans for next summer! The whole durn country is headed to Hades in a hand basket, i think! From the messages of doom, in the newspapers, i can't help but think that!

Any way--anybody have any plans for travel, or camping trips, or just visiting our great country to see the many interesting sites?

I traveled to California, back in 1947, in a brand new Pontiac Sedan, with some relatives. We saw a lot of things we had read about, and enjoyed the trip! Didn't cost much back then! I looked in the road atlas last evening, and realised we had driven a lot of miles, had seen a lot of the land, and cities, found some relatives way out west, and finally made it back home, with no problems!

My Mother would first check the motel room for couch crickets and other foreign invaders, and then if it was clean, we'd stay for the night! One place we looked at, when we opened the door, the couch crickets could be seen scamperring under the couch to hide!

I don't think those places were quite ready for an influx of travellers, at the time.

One restaurant had a sicn out front that made us gag! It said: "Stop! Lets eat!" And underneath that, it said "WORMS! I still have the picture of it that i took on the trip.

So, hope for lower gas prices, go out there, with a bag of money, tour the land, and see what you have been missing!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor