SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojavelove

The birds totally made my day - my feeders have all been found!!!

MojaveLove
12 years ago

I am SO excited right now!!!! My feeders have been discovered and I saw both types of birds for the first time within the same hour!

I was getting so impatient with my feeders, I put out a Nyjer feeder last week and nothing found it even though I live near a zillion birds. The other day I found the wind had knocked over the Shepard's hook it was hanging from and the feeder was laying on the ground. I moved it onto the table we have on the porch until the hook can be put back in. Anyway I checked on that feeder today and noticed a little bit had gone down and there were "crumbs" everywhere so I assumed it had been found. Lo and behold a male and female yellow finch came by and since, have been coming back constantly. So that alone made my day.

THEN.

I was watching the finches and looked over at my hummingbird feeder. I noticed a few days ago that the level of the feeder had gone down a few inches but I figured it was from wind or something splashing it out. I have it in a spot that isn't easily seen because I figured once it was found, the birds would appreciate the cover from sun and predators. Anyway while watching the finches I noticed there was something perched at the feeder but because of the screen in the way and lack of sun it was hard to see. It was the same color and size as the leaves in this tree I have it in so I thought a leaf had fallen and caught on the little perch. But then it flew away!

I couldn't believe it, I have been waiting at least a month for this little guy.

Right now both feeders have birds on them. :)

What should I try to attract next? I have prairie, forest and swamp/marsh all within a square mile of me.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH